Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nicki Minaj Lights Up Times Square for Nokia

Capping off a jam-packed day that started with an appearance on the "Today" show, Nicki Minaj put on a "secret show" in New York City's Times Square on Friday night (April 6).

Making for quite the production, nine of Times Square’s famous electronic screens captured the reaction of the crowds as the entire show was filmed as a backdrop for the music video for the exclusive Nokia Lumia 900 remix of Minaj’s hit single "Starships" - at the same time becoming one of the biggest LED displays ever seen.

Talking about the opportunity, Miss Minaj said in a statement, "When Nokia came to me with the idea to make a building come alive and to perform in Times Square in front of my fans to celebrate the launch of the Nokia Lumia 900 there was only ever one answer. To see the idea on paper was amazing but to see it for real blew me away. It brought Times Square to a standstill. The absolute bonus for me is that my fans, who have been so loyal to me, are now part of the video for the Starships Nokia remix. Performing in my home town of NYC the same week as the release of my new album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is amazing and it really is a dream come true."

Signing autographs and sipping on drinks inside R Lounge at the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel upon the mini-concert's end, a worn out Nicki tweeted at night's end, "Just wrapped my meet & greet w/the Times Square / Nokia barbz. Great day. Long. But great. Pauz"

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/nicki-minaj/nicki-minaj-lights-times-square-nokia-601429

Marley Shelton Mary Elizabeth Winstead Megan Ewing Megan Fox Melania Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment