Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow and NY Times Ghostwriting Feud Carries On

Still defending her cookbook, Gwyneth Paltrow took to the "Rachael Ray Show" to continue clearing up allegations that she utilized a ghostwriter for "My Father's Daughter."

During a Skype interview with the ABC talk show host, the "Shakespeare In Love" actress shot down claims made by the New York Times, saying, "Every single recipe in the book I came up with and I cooked on the spot."

Adding that clearing up gossip isn't normally her thing, Miss Paltrow explained, “This is my professional life, and I’m writing more cookbooks, and I feel like it’s important… that [people] know this is my book, and I wrote my book, and it’s all mine.”

As previously reported by GossipCenter, the New York Times Dining section came out with an article just about a week ago claiming that multiple celebrity chefs and cook book authors obtained the help of a ghostwriter.

Paltrow first fired back on her Twitter page, writing, "Love @nytimes dining section but this weeks facts need checking. No ghost writer on my cookbook, I wrote every word myself."

Just days following the Twitter response, an NY Times rep told E! News, "The article does not merit correction." Writer Julia Moskin then penned a follow-up piece for the newspaper in which she noted, "While the article dealt with a wide range of assistance, it became clear that the notion of 'ghostwriting' carried a strong stigma in the food world. It suggested that the food itself—the ingredients, the flavors, the techniques— as invented by someone else. This does sometimes happen (call it 'ghost-cooking'), and the chefs who engage in it are the objects of a special kind of scorn." However, Moskin made it clear she was not accusing Paltrow of "ghost-cooking."

The "Contagion" actress is not the only one to have fought back on this article, as chefs such as Mario Batali, Rachael Ray and Jamie Oliver have also denied that allegations by firmly stating that there were no ghost writers involved in their publications either.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/gwyneth-paltrow/gwyneth-paltrow-and-ny-times-ghostwriting-feud-carries-597735

Laetitia Casta Lake Bell Larissa Meek Laura Harring Laura Prepon

No comments:

Post a Comment