Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Oprah Winfrey Network Axes "The Rosie Show"

Clearly not performing as was hoped, Rosie O’Donnell will soon be a part of the Oprah Winfrey run television station no more.

The comedic TV personality - who turns 50-year-old next week - will host the last episode of "The Rosie Show" on The Oprah Winfrey Network on March 30th.

With the news being announced on Friday (March 16) - just five months after its premiere - Miss O'Donnell said of the decision, "I loved working with Oprah in the amazing city of Chicago. I was welcomed with open arms and will never forget the kindness of all I encountered. It was a great year for me – I wish the show was able to attract more viewers – but it did not. So I am headed back to my home in New York – with gratitude. On we go!”

Seemingly parting on the best terms possible, Winfrey said that she thanks "Rosie from the bottom of my heart for joining me on this journey."

"[Rosie] has been an incredible partner, working to deliver the best possible show every single day, Oprah added. "As I have learned in the last 15 months, a new network launch is always a challenge and ratings grow over time as you continue to gather an audience. I’m grateful to Rosie and the dedicated Rosie Show team for giving it their all.”

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/rosie-odonnell/oprah-winfrey-network-axes-rosie-show-595306

Lena Headey Leonor Varela Leslie Bega Leslie Bibb Lil Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment