Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jordin Sparks Brings “Sparkle” to “Today”

Getting up bright and early, Jordin Sparks hit the promotional circuit this morning (August 14) with a stop at Rockefeller Center in New York City.

The “No Air” songstress took care of some media duties at the “Today” show where she talked about her upcoming movie “Sparkle” (out August 17th) and what it was like to work with the late, great Whitney Houston.

Jordin began, “It was incredible. Just taking out of it the acting side, as a singer I grew up listening to her music and idolizing her so, that's intimidating and really fun at the same time. And she made it so comfortable.”

“She's always delivered in her on-screen performances, so for me, I was just like, 'What can I learn.' I was just this sponge soaking up everything she was doing -- little nuances, how she would change things. She was the consummate professional. … As soon as they yelled, 'Action!' she was just (her 'Sparkle' character) Emma ... I'd go, 'Oh, my gosh. This is Whitney!' Then I'd go, 'Is she really mad at me right now?' She was so great at it."

As for her reaction to Houston’s sudden and tragic death earlier this year, Jordin shared, "For me it's crazy. I only got to know her for 2 months. It was an intense two months. You spend that much time with somebody, and you do get very close. I was devastated -- shell shocked rather. For me to feel that way, I can't imagine how her family and people who've known her for years have felt. I was so completely devastated that they must be still just reeling from it. It still comes in waves.”

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/jordin-sparks/jordin-sparks-brings-%E2%80%9Csparkle%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9Ctoday%E2%80%9D-709641

Nadine Velazquez Naomi Watts Natalie Imbruglia Natalie Portman Natalie Zea

No comments:

Post a Comment